Let me offer my alternative to both of these, a version that emphasizes God's grace:
Instead of Total Depravity
1. Sin - it affects all aspects of our humanity. We cannot turn to God without God’s saving GRACE.
Instead of Unconditional Election
2. Salvation - it is entirely by God’s GRACE that we are saved and come to know God. We do not merit or earn salvation.
Instead of Limited Atonement
3. Sacrifice - God in GRACE and mercy accepts the the death of Christ as a perfect and sufficient sacrifice for the sins of the whole world and for all humanity.
Instead of Irresistible Grace
4. Spirit - by God’s GRACE, the Holy Spirit creates in us the desire and moves us to accept God’s forgiving love in Christ.
Instead of Perseverance of Saints
5. Steadfastness - God’s GRACE holds us fast and will never let us go. We will be loved and kept secure in Christ unto the end.